MELANIE JANE'S EASY 10 STEP PLAN TO NATURALLY RADIANT SKIN
THESE DAYS I RARELY WEAR MAKE-UP AND WHEN I DO I JUST USE A LIGHT CONCEALER
The Bourjois Radiance Reveal is the best I have ever used and I love No1 for my very light skin
My glowing youthful skin (if I do say so myself!!) is mostly thanks to making the switch from harsh cleansers to oil based cleansing with JOJOBA OIL and using my own natural skin care elixir along with vitamin C serum - find out the truth about Vitamin C serums in my blog here
In the picture below the only make-up I'm wearing is my signature red lippy - I never leave home without that!
I used to use high end brands of skincare and spent A LOT of money but always wondered why my skin always look so dull and grey, I felt like I was throwing my hard earned cash down the drain., 2 more reasons why I started my own natural skincare range.
My skin has never looked as radiant as it does now and I think you'll agree it's in pretty good shape for a woman who has partied hard for half of her life, doesn't have expensive facials or Botox and is now 50!
READ MY TIPS BELOW ON HOW I ACHIEVE A NATURALLY RADIANT LOOK EVERY DAY - NUMBER 10 WON'T COST A THING!
1. WATER – try to drink 1 - 2 glasses of
as soon as you wake up preferably with the juice of half a fresh lemon. It kick starts your metabolism and your internal organs will benefit too. Throughout the day continue to hydrate with water and have a glass with every meal. Your skin will look clearer and plumper rather than dull and puckered which happens when you’re dehydrated. I drink around 2 litres throughout the day.
2. OIL – your skin naturally produces oil from your sebaceous glands and trying to strip this oil away will only make your skin produce more oil to compensate. The only way to prevent this is to make the switch to using natural oil serums. Using an oil based serum with essential oils actually balances oil production and natural oils such as Rosehip and Avocado are packed full of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that restore the skin's natural glow and refine the surface.
By adding essential oils that specifically target problem areas, you will have a super power packed skin treatment and what’s more you won’t get any build up, like you would with chemical beauty treatments because your body naturally excretes any excess.
3. FACIAL EXERCISE – Your face has 43 individual muscles and like your body they need exercise too, to keep your face toned, lifted and youthful looking, a good skincare routine can only do so much.
One of the original (and best in my opinion) pioneers of Facial Exercises is Carole Maggio who developed a face exercise programme called, FACERCISE.
I did it years ago and I saw DRAMATIC RESULTS after only 2 days of doing the full 20 minute routine! I have since lost the video but you can buy it here on Amazon Prime and stream it for $24.99
Time to dig out my credit card and buy the damn thing again!
It really only takes a few minutes and you can do them at any time once you get to know the moves. I do mine whilst sitting at the traffic lights or watching TV ( I look a bit weird doing them at the supermarket!)
4. FACIAL MASSAGE - Massaging your face should be part of your daily routine, do it when applying your face oil. Just little upward taps with alternating finger tips will bring a radiant glow to your skin and stimulate blood flow. Start along the jawline and work your way up to the forehead and don’t forget your neck.
You can always buy a beauty tool like the Body Shop face roller
It's super easy to use and takes less than one minute for a mini routine.
I love mine and use it after applying my face oils and creams but before make-up (use it while your skin is still damp)
It has a lovely cooling action and I pay particular attention around the jawline.
5. LIFESTYLE. Cleansing and moisturising are important for healthy skin, but true beauty comes from within. A balanced lifestyle contributes to a glowing complexion.
Eat healthy and clean: your skin will reap the benefits of the nutrients you consume. Eliminate highly processed foods they are full of stuff your body doesn’t need and you can’t metabolise properly. I'm always busy and don't have time to juice so when I lived in Dubai I would opt for a Barakat Juice - they sell them at Spinney's, Carrefour and Zoom grocery shops. I love them because they are ONLY PURE VEG/FRUIT with nothing added not even sugar. My fave is the Red Cleanse.
Cut back on alcohol, coffee, soda and other dehydrating beverages (I do love red or rose wine though and will not give that up as it's actually full of antioxidants and I find it gives me a rosy glow...IN MODERATION!
Stop smoking: Smoking is not only bad for your lungs, but it ages your skin and causes wrinkles.
Exercise: An active lifestyle will keep your body toned and your skin healthy because increased BLOOD FLOW ACTUALLY OXYGENATES YOUR SKIN
6. SUNSHADE - Ever wondered how Joan Collin's skin looks so fantastic at age 84?
She never lets the sunshine touch her face.
Sun damage is the number one cause of premature aging of the skin.
I never sunbathe and whenever I go outside I ALWAYS wear a hat or use an umbrella to shield my face from the sun's aging UV rays.
It may be an overcast day, but your skin is still susceptible to sun damage. Be sure to apply sunscreen or use a skin product that contains at least SPF 15 for everyday use and a higher one when at the beach or on the slopes
7. CLEANSE, TONE AND MOISTURISE – KEEP IT CLEAN AND SIMPLE
Cleanse your face twice a day. This helps to remove dirt, makeup, and anything else that can clog your skin and cause breakouts. Avoid harsh cleansers that strip away your skin's naturals oils. JOJOBA OIL is a fabulous cleanser for all skin types even extra sensitive.
Toners are a great addition to your skin care regimen, they remove any excess residue from your cleanser and they tone the skins surface and tighten pores. Look for products that are alcohol-free and contain ORGANIC ROSE WATER along with Witch Hazel, which has been identified by Japanese scientists as having anti-aging properties for the skin.
Moisturise Apply your oil or cream & oil combo to damp skin this will help the product to absorb and your skin to retain moisture, it also gives a lighter application.
8. EXFOLIATE –Your epidermis (the top 5 layers of your skin) renews itself every 28 days so to help these new skin cells to shine through you need to scrub away the dead skin cells. Exfoliate just once a week to reveal brighter more radiant skin.
9. MASK – Don’t underestimate the power of a weekly mask, it’s not just a luxury it’s a necessity for clearer skin. Using the right mask will remove any build-up of dirt and dead skin cells, it’s a deep cleanse for your pores and a chance for your new skin cells to shine. The effects will be immediate and your skin will glow with a renewed radiance. Look for natural clay/herbal masks or even plain foods such as yoghurt or egg whites will make a difference.
STAYED TUNED FOR NEW POSTS WITH SKINCARE RECIPES
10. SMILE! - YOUR SKIN WILL RADIATE EVERY TIME YOU SMILE.
YOU WILL LIGHT UP THE ROOM AND INSTANTLY LOOK MORE YOUTHFUL.